I wanted to revisit and see what progress, if any, I’d made on this list nearly a year later. Turns out I’ve made some progress! To keep pace, I’d need to mark off 10 items, but I only managed 7. However, I did make progress on a few others. Hopefully I’ll be able to out-pace the 10 this year!
- Run a 5k (despite not liking to run) – I walked one, but didn’t run it, so that doesn’t count.
- Lower my blood pressure – it is lower, but still prehypertensive, so there is still progress left to make
- Cook/Bake at least half of the recipes I have pinned on Pinterest (time is actually working against me here – I pin three in the time it takes me to get around to trying one)
- Save at least 1/3 of the money for our trip in 2021 (RTW, here we come!)
- Go skiing down an actual, snowy hill
- Take a landscape/travel photo that I am proud to enlarge and hang in my downstairs
- Finish our bedroom: paint and put up nice curtains
Read more than 10 books in one year (dear lord, this one makes me so sad – I feel like it should say “100″ to be a challenge, but alas, this is where I am right now in my life) –thank you book club!
- Make scrap books of the kids’ art and photos from preschool (1 each?)
- Ride my bike up the hill (Country Trail)
Go camping (tent) with the kids– multiple times – our new default vacation!
- Paint the kids’ bathroom and frame the mirror
- Wear a two-piece swimsuit in public and not be mortified
- Find a pillow I actually like, then buy a spare one for when it wears out
- Organize the linen closet so that it is possible to find and extract exactly what is desired without avalanches and/or cussing
- Hang a real window treatment in our bathroom
- Deal with the “sad garden” in the backyard and make it pretty again
- Make my own vanilla extract instead of buying it
- Yardsale/CraigsList/Consign/eBay/Donate the baby items in the garage and the unused “stuff” in the bonus room closet
Visit Savannah, GA
- Plant those evergreens we planned to put in the back yard (all 3 of ‘em)
Throw a birthday party (for my kid) in my own home
- Return to yoga and be able to do a headstand
- Roll-over my old 401k into an IRA and add to the balance
- Paint the porch pole and put up our house numbers
- Take the kids to DC to visit the awesome museums there
- Keep a houseplant alive for more than 6 months (better get going!)
- Set up chores for the kids and get us all to stick to them
- Put up crown moldings or wainscoting in one room where we planned to
- Go on a mom and daughter overnight
- Go on a mom and son overnight
Volunteer at the kids’ schools/in their classrooms Volunteer, give back, spread kindness in some capacity (outside of my kids’ schools/classrooms)
- Sell something I made – a creative/artistic something
- Practice patience – improve
- Reduce my “plugged in” time to <15 hours a week (not including work)
- Go to the Outer Banks again
- Resolve the no-sidewalk issue in front of the house
Try a food I’ve never tried
- Plan a fantastic 40th Birthday day to remember!